William Hill put it this way in a press release earlier in the week:
- Election Betting Watch – 19/05
- Midway through the second week of Election 2016 and the money has poured in for the Coalition to be returned.
- “Punters have backed the Coalition from $1.40 to $1.28 over the first 10 days of the campaign,” a William Hill spokesperson said.
- “One punter has had $40,000 on at $1.30 while we have written a number of other four-figure bets for Malcolm Turnbull to be heading back to the lodge.
- “The polls have certainly been favourable to the Coalition and Australia rarely throws out a government after one-term.”
- The ALP have drifted from $3.30 to $3.60 with little interest in Bill Shorten pulling off a monumental upset.
- Coalition Big Bets
- $40,000 @ $1.30
- $3,000 @ $1.30
- $1,000 @ $1.30
- ALP Big Bets
- There has been little interest in Labor but there was still some action on the ALP.
- $500 @ $3.55
- $400 @ $3.40
- $200 @ $3.70
Hence the lack of action by me on this election.